First Full Day Home

Michael slept well last night at home in our bed. I know, because I spent most of the night listening to him breathe and waiting for him to need to go to the bathroom. 🙂 I'm sure sleeping will become easier as we get our routine down and I better know what to expect. It felt familiar to the times I brought my babies home from the hospital...you are on constant watch and your ears never stop listening.

Earlier this morning I was having a tough moment thinking of the enormity of this situation. But I have to say that we've done a lot for our first morning home. We successfully ate breakfast and took our 5 morning meds, (we have 4 in the evening) used our bathtub chair for the first time for a lovely shower, and we loaded M in the car and ventured for a walk on one of our favorite paths in Four Seasons.

 

We got a call from our Coumadin Pharmacist. They will be responsible for monitoring his blood work and prescribing dosages for this blood thinner. They asked if we could make a trip to get a draw this afternoon so they can start our process. So after lunch we are heading out to Moreno Valley.

Small Steps...one day at a time.




Popular posts from this blog

All is well

Fun Fall - October 2021

March 2021