May 6 Update

Yesterday morning we took a walk on our favorite dirt path in Four Seasons. We did pretty well even on an uphill area. (I'm going to get so buff!!)  Here is a photo of M enjoying the beautiful path and all of the trees that had no leaves last time he was there.


We enjoyed a visit from Ben and Jake this weekend. It was nice seeing their handsome faces and we had a good time being together. We did a test run with Michael on the wheelchair up and down our street. So I think I'm ready for that! The uphill/downhill was not as scary as I thought it would be. So yay, more quick walks without having to load the car.


My parents brought up some lunch today and it was great to see them as well. They hadn't seen Michael since he was at Kaiser. He's improved quite a bit since then.

Tomorrow we have our first post-patient visit with M's regular doctor at Kaiser (look out Dr. Patel...I have LOTS of questions and referral requests, LOL...about every "ologist" that exists) Tuesday we begin our continuation of therapies (OT, PT & Speech) as an outpatient at Ballard -two or three times a week for three hour sessions. That ought to test endurance for sure!

Progress...M is recently responding more to my questions. Sometimes he might have to think about it a moment or two, but I've been getting more verbal input of what he wants. That's promising.  :)  I even asked him a household question and he was able to provide a bit of advice.

Ups and downs are part of this rollercoaster ride we've been on...hopefully, as a whole, the ups will outnumber the downs..it's all part of the process.


Popular posts from this blog

All is well

Fun Fall - October 2021

March 2021