Saturday update

It's been four weeks since this rollercoaster ride began. Three weeks since M's Thrombectomy. Today was my 17th trip in a row to San Bernardino. 23 days since M has slept at home in our bed. I have to look at a calendar to find these numbers as hospital time is super strange. The days and weeks just continue go by and it all still seems like a bad dream.

This morning I was greeted by a smiley Michael! I always LOVE that! The weekend day shift nurse commented on how much more alert he seemed than last weekend. I heard the report from the weekend PT who saw him before I arrived, and she said he did well (she's never seen him before) In her opinion, with just meeting him, is that he seems to be doing well for 3 weeks in. She was surprised by his strength and responding to commands with his movements. That's good! I was very happy to get that report.

After a walk around the building a couple of times, he was ready to come in. We brushed and flossed his teeth, shaved, and then put him in bed to take a nap to gear up for lunch. The boys are going to come over later, so he will want to be well rested.

Here is to a good Saturday.



Popular posts from this blog

All is well

Fun Fall - October 2021

March 2021