Kindle Surprise

This afternoon while resting in bed I was reading my Kindle. M asked to see his. So I got it and turned it on for him. Then he asked for his reading glasses. I found those too. We adjusted the font size until it was just right. Then he asked me to go backward a few chapters in the book he was reading before the stroke (2 months ago). I asked him if he remembered what was going on in the book and he said he did. I didn't think much would come out of this reading try. I just figured it was good he was interested.

Well, out of the corner of my eye I see him tapping to change pages. OMG...he was reading that book!! He read a couple of small chapters before deciding it was time to get up.

Tonight, before bed, I set him up again and he is in there reading as I type this. I told him to let me know if he needed any help or ran into any problems. So far...silence.

I am so totally happy about this! I feel like he can now do something he enjoyed in the past. (unlike my gardening post from yesterday) It has been a very good day! 💓

Update.... 2 days later - M said he can't read all the words very well, but we will just figure this is a starting point. Getting those eyes back in sync will be very helpful. Small steps....


Popular posts from this blog

All is well

Fun Fall - October 2021

March 2021