Saturday Update #2

It was an emotional day. That happens. I need feel however I feel without being too hard on myself. Sometimes it's difficult to be strong while visiting. But I try...oh do I try.

My update earlier today was quite short. At that moment I really couldn't find anything positive for the day. However, a sweet moment happened with Michael that my dear friend, Shaun, encouraged me to share.

We were walking outside, I was pushing him in his wheelchair. We stopped for a moment and I tried to work with him and do some of the speech therapy the pathologist had suggested. He just wasn't into it. He did not do what I asked. We started walking again and I began to cry. He recognized that I was sad and he could hear my sniffles behind him. He reached back as far as he could above his head and grabbed my arms and pulled me in for a hug. He had complete empathy that I was sad and he was comforting me. HE was comforting  me....  ❤  He was my strength.

Popular posts from this blog

All is well

Fun Fall - October 2021

March 2021