Tuesday Update-Trust the Process

Trust the Process. The boys and I have been using that phrase since he has been here at Ballard Rehabilitation Hospital. It's out of our control, so we just have to trust they are doing all they can to take care of him and bring him to the point where he can come home. (he tells me he would do better at home...I keep reminding him I need him to stay here for me, so when he does come home I can take better care of him)

This morning they woke him up for OT at 7:00AM. That seems a bit early to me. I know they have their schedules, but really? So then that tired him out for PT a couple of hours later, which was cut short since he was too tired, and now his is sleeping to gear up for his 11AM speech therapy which leads into lunch. At least maybe he will get the rest this afternoon. I would be tired too with this schedule. That brain needs rest!

When he gets tired he doesn't want to talk and kind of zones out. (but that is kind of how he was when he was 100%.....My introvert does not like all this attention, I think)   :)  However, this morning I had to beg him to at least grunt when I ask something so I will know he is OK. It's constant worry. he is stable and all and at this point as his Coumadin should keep any new clots at bay. But I just keep looking for big changes but then need to step back and look for the little ones again. Even the smallest changes will eventually lead to a big overall change, right? Sometimes it is difficult to keep that in mind.

Apparently he has UTI due to the 2 different catheters he has had. They say keep him hydrated...but it's kind of difficult to make a sleeping person drink liquids....(duh)

Well, almost time to be awoken again. Hopefully he will perk up a bit later in the day when we have our music time. That time is my favorite.  <3


Popular posts from this blog

All is well

Fun Fall - October 2021

March 2021