Saturday Update

M had OT before I arrived. Weekends have one session only. (either OT or PT) He told me while resting that he "Wanted to take a field trip out of here today." He said he was "Wasting too much time here." LOL. I explained that they won't let me get him out of bed into his wheelchair yet, much less take him in the car anywhere. 

So, while resting I brought out my phone and started a game called Flow Free. Basically you touch the color circles and find the path to the same color circle. With a little help finding the first dot he was able to complete a couple of puzzles. It was awesome! I was super excited to see this as just a couple of weeks ago there was NO WAY he could do this.

After lunch (which was the first time he did not choke once) we took a walk around the building. When we got to my car (I always say hello to it when we walk by) he put his feet down on the ground and would not let me move the wheelchair. I think he seriously thought I would put him in the car to go on that "field trip." When I told him my car ignition fob was in the room he decided to put his feet back up on the foot rests. Positive thinking on his part for sure.   :)

When coming back in from outside we walked by the gym and he started making pumping motions with his arms and legs. He wanted to exercise. I went in and found a worker that he had almost a month ago at his first session and convinced him to put him on the machine he enjoyed a couple of weekends ago. M was so happy and went 15:37 and did not break a sweat. Hahaha! He was awesome. He even showed me where the cleaning wipes were so I could wipe down the equipment. Super fun!

Now he's resting again and very happy to be back in bed for a nap. I'd say this is a GREAT Saturday! 💗


Popular posts from this blog

All is well

Fun Fall - October 2021

March 2021